Friday, September 23, 2011

Close, but no cigar...

Last year I posted rather excitedly about some beautiful Noritake dinnerware I had found, a complete dinner service for 4 and demitasse coffee set for 6.


Well, ever since I have been hoping to come across some more pieces of the same dinner service so I could have a complete set for 8.

Alas, I have had no luck on this front but have found another very lovely, quite similar set that I think will do the trick!

Not a match by any means, the Noritake plates are a lighter baby blue with pink flowers, whereas this set (marked "Saraband by Ridgway, Staffordshire, Made in England) are a deeper, duck egg blue with white and pink flowers.

But don't they look pretty side by side? I'm thinking alternating designs laid out on a table of 8 would look gorgeous, hmmm, maybe we'll have sit down dinner parties again when the kids are grown up. Meanwhile our entertaining efforts mainly consist of bbqs where kids outnumber the adults big time!

You may have noticed my recent little flurry of posts. I have been trying to regain some momentum in my blogging after a lazy year so expect lots more news and finds from me! But for now, school breaks up for 2 weeks holidays this afternoon and no kid-free time = no blogging so see you all in a couple of weeks :-)

7 comments:

Paula said...

Perfectly complimentary :) You've sure done well with these beautiful crockery finds. Happy holidays, TT!

Kylie said...

I love your Stafordshire, it's a great match for your pretty Noritake. I'm glad you're going to blog more regularly again, I've missed your posts. Enjoy the school hols...ours start in another week...hooray!

SixBalloons said...

Really excited to see you back in action and sharing your lovely photos!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

They're a really good match for your existing service - very pretty to combine the two

mel @ loved handmade said...

They are so lovely! Enjoy your holidays, our lazy two week plan seems to be filling up very quickly with all kinds of dates, oh well going with the flow...

Anonymous said...

i love noritake too!

i've been trying to collect old wedgewood :P

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I think that they look great together!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger